If depression can (allegedly) kill Robin Williams, one of the world's greatest funny men and my childhood hero, well, it can get any of us at any time.
If the Genie from Aladdin can suffer and 'Mrs Doubtfire' can be affected by it, then so can you, or your child, or friend, or work colleague.
If you feel alone and down, anxious and low. If you feel deep sadness but can't find a root cause.
If people tell you to 'snap out of it' or 'things can only get better' or 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger', know that it's simply not always true.
Sometimes it does kill you.
But just remember that you are not alone.
Help is there. All you have to do is ask.
R.I.P Robin Williams
You made my world a much brighter place in the darkest of times.
After hearing he died it actually made me bit depressed where he was my idol :'( Dx and right now I just want go through a phrase and say "fuck you world!" >.< RIP Robin William, never be forgotten! :'(
So, in one of my favourite cults - Boss - we have a lot of fun in the contest threads! So much fun I thought I would share my two favourite entries with you guys! It is nice to be silly, to have a laugh with people, and not take this website so seriously all the time. As my entries show!
Anyways, here is me taking the piss
Best With Friends
I couldn't resist
Do you like my fake sex face at the end? Can't believe I made this BUT I REGRET NOTHING!!!
Oh, and do you like my new boyfriend? I had to take the piss with that entry - single Alexa is single again and not exactly enjoying it *sighs* also, I've worked out how to make gifs. YEY!!!
Oh, and you should all totally check out Boss - just saying!
I am not a victim of cyber bullying...although some people have tried to do so lately. I think what they have wrong about me is how close I am with the people I call my family and friends. When I get offline I still have that strong support from the people that matter...anyone who tries to bring me down will only bring me closer to my lovely friends and family. Here's to all who have a piece of my heart!!! ♡
After years of mulling over this site I have found some unspoken rules about this site that a lot of VF veterans adhere to and think everyone shold follow. I agree with some of these things I have noticed. So, I thought the general VF public should be made aware.
1.Anything you post as public is subject to scrutiny. Don't bitch about others having their opinions.
2. As seen above bitching about someone's opinion (blocking or downrating ect) will get you in deep shit.
3. Posting about your "sex life" or "lack of one" is pointless and no one gives a fuck.
4.No one wants to join your shitty RP cult!
5. You wont get any respect for posting your personal contact info in a public forum.
6. PLEASE use spell check or a fucking dictionary....
7. Common sense tells you, if no one talks to you on here and you want people to, you must talk to people first.
People need to learn to quit bitching about what food people consume, what clothes they choose to wear, or what piercings or tattoos they have. Fact is, if it worries you so much, then you can pony up the dough to afford the clothes that you want them to wear, the food that you want them to eat, and perhaps the money to get their ink removed.
Fact is, if you have to dictate over your friends what they choose to eat or wear, with their own money (not yours), you're just a controlling twat.
"And if it harms none, do what thou wilt" Your life isn't in any danger. You're not being threatened because I ate a steak or wore a pair of leather boots. Don't concern yourself with things that doesn't have any effect or has to do with you.
Fact of the matter is, if what they consume or wear, means more to you than their friendship, well you're a shithead.
"1. Don't try to piss quietly. Nobody in a public restroom thinks you're knitting in your stall. They came to piss, just like you. And if you have to take a dump, do it. Get over your fear of public toilets. It'll make life a lot easier.
2. Masturbate. Masturbate a lot. Talk about it with your friends. You've got the right to make yourself feel good and brag about it just like all the boys with extra large kleenex packages on their desks.
3. If you want the large fries, get the large fries. Hunger and appetite are nothing to be ashamed of, just human. Don't ever feel guilty for eating in front of others. You need to nourish your body to stay alive. We all do.
4. Laugh as loud as you have to, no matter if you snort or gasp or literally scream.
5. Fart when you have to.
6. Always remember you weren't born to visually please others. Forget the phrase "what if they think it’s ugly". If you think it's lovely, it is lovely. You wanna wear it, wear it!
7. Speak your mind! You can learn to do so without insulting others or shoving your opinion down other people’s throats."
— Seven Simple Ways To Free Yourself, from girl to girl (via fawnbabe)
About The VF Site Updates...
August 12, 2014, 06:30:am
I don't have anything against the updates, but he should give us the option to get rid of the new control panel. About 50% of the active vf community doesn't like it...I mean, you can change the style of the left nav, so why can't he code it in so that we can choose whether or not we want everything stuffed inside the control panel?
What Should a "Real" Woman's Body Look Like?
August 30, 2014, 07:44:am
You're very beautiful.If you have a body preference then keep it to yourself, there's no need to make someone feel bad, there's enough self hatred in this world.I think thin women are beautiful, and I think curvy women are beautiful.I also think, who cares? But hey, sadly not everyone thinks that.