Here is my review of the tracks and the over all review
1. End of the beginning - here we go..the lumbering guitar riff, sounds like the intro to "Black Sabbath", then we have Ozzy who asks is "life beginning or is the end beginning?" and all of a sudden you KNOW that this is really happening and it was worth the wait.
2. God is dead - This is the track that everyone has heard and what a track, first of all you hear the lumbering intro followed by Ozzy's very spooky lyrics. Would this have found it's way on Black Sabbath's debut album? I'd say yes it would have fitted in between "Black Sabbath and "NIB".
3. Loner - another track and this sounds very much like a modern day version of "NIB". We know that NIB is about Satan who seduces a girl, "Loner" is more or the less them broken up and spending is life in darkness.
4. Zeitgeist - We start off with a laugh by Ozzy, then launch into space. This would have fitted in with "Planet Caravan", and quite rightly so.
5. Age of Reason - We are now woken from the haze by Brad Wilks drumming, and then all of a sudden we are back to the heavy sounding style where it sit among the classic Sabbath albums I'm not sure again it could be at home on the debut album .
6. Live forever - Another lumbering track which could have fit anywhere in the classic Sabbath album, as it lurches from "Children of the grave to "Hand of Doom"
7. Damaged Soul - Very bluesy and again would have been on the debut album.
8. Dear Father - This sounds very much like it would sit neatly on with "Into the void" on Masters of Reality and it shows.
What do I think of 13? It's good, and as Tony/Geezer/Ozzy have pointed out it's hard to say where in the classic Sabbath catalogue it would go. I know there will be people complaining that it's not Sabbath because Bill Ward isn't on it, or Rodger Bain isn't producing it but it does sound like the Sabbath album which should have been made and would have been at home between the debut album and Vol 4
MP's are now telling us that we should cut down on meat, if we don't there would be a food shortage. Now if everyone did reduce their meat intake what would we eat? We can't survive on vegetables 24/7, so that's that idea out the window. However if we do decide take the MP's advice I suggest we eat the MP's or politicians. We all know that politicians don't do much (apart from complaining that they don't get paid, shoving their views down our throats) and lets face it if we eat them, there won't be a meat shortage
I have been watching this brilliant show on iplayer, since it started, and decided to watch this weeks BUT found out it's been replaced with Britians got Talent (which seems to be on until Friday). There was no warning given that this would happen, so I send an e-mail demanding that Vicious should be back in it's rightful place Mood: annoyed Music: The Velvet Underground - Sunday Morning
People and magazines are wondering if The Doctors name will be revealed in the cunningly titled episode "The Doctors Name", and my guess is it won't. If it was revealed it won't have that air of mystery around it.
Also the 3rd Doctor played by Jon Pertwee refered to himself as "John Smith" and the 10th Doctor also used that name from time to time.