Jan 21, 2017, 02:15am
Back Alleyways
NoWealthNoRuin HC's Territory
The dark catacombs tying the businesses and hotels together on the city block.
+
-
subscribe
unsubscribe
Oct 23, 2017, 11:32pm

Nari could have been having a better night, she thought, squeezing in a thin space between two buildings as she listened for the telltale footsteps of the men that pursued her. Taking out a loan to cover her older brother's gambling debt hadn't been her smartest idea, but when the idiot skipped town with the borrowed sum instead of using it to pay his dues, she was left with the fallout of the mobsters he owed, and the ones she had borrowed the money from. The goons the loan sharks had hired were thorough, and she had run face-to-face with them on her way to her night shift at the convenience store by her flat. It had taken a scuffle before she found enough of an opening to run away. Likely they knew where she lived, she thought, and honestly she had no clue where her desperation had taken her even if she did feel that the coast was clear. Trying to keep from breathing too loudly, she pressed her back hard against the brick, hoping they wouldn't be smart enough to check her hiding place. She could hear footfalls fast approaching, voices shouting to look everywhere.
+
-
Posts: 8717
Oct 23, 2017, 11:45pm

Yongguk had been on a walk around the town. After a long day of work, mostly killing, he needed some time to relax. With his hair slicked back, jacket loose around his shoulders but not put on completely, he worked his way through the maze of alleys until he spotted a girl huddled in the dark. With a raise of a brow, he heard the shouting. His men. Was she running from his men? Stepping just a little closer, eyes on the girl, he cleared his throat softly.
+
-
Oct 23, 2017, 11:53pm

Jumping with a squeak that she had to stifle with her hand, she closed her eyes tight, cursing her luck and her brother under her breath. Looking toward the figure that stood nearby, she hoped that the shadows were enough to hide her face. This man wasn't in the group that had been pursuing her, she knew, trying to see details without seeming too obvious. Maybe he was a bystander? "Ah...um, g-good evening." She offered, a nervous smile making the split in her lip sting.
+
-
Posts: 8722
Oct 24, 2017, 12:00am

He tilted his head slightly at her reaction, raising a brow as his eyes moved over her. After a moment, he shifted, creating an impossible way out for her without looking too obviously like that's what he was doing. "...Rough night?"
+
-
Oct 24, 2017, 12:06am

As he shifted, she cursed her luck. With how he was standing, she would have to push him over in order to escape. She could only pray that the others wouldn't find her in the meantime. "You...you could say that, ahjussi..." Apart from her bleeding lip, she could feel a bruise near her eye starting to sting and swell, and a place by her ribs was likely already starting to turn purple. The shouts were growing louder. "I'm, um...a little lost."
+
-
Posts: 8727
Oct 24, 2017, 12:13am

As he watched her closely, he raised a brow, a brow that held a thin scar. After a moment, he smirked slightly. "A little lost? Seems like you're more in a little trouble. Those men are looking for you, aren't they? You do..realize how dangerous this city is, don't you?"
+
-
Oct 24, 2017, 12:22am

"I, uh...know more than you'd think." The way he watched her reminded her of how a cobra might look at a mouse. Beautiful, graceful, and very, very dangerous. She hoped she hadn't hopped out of the frying pan and into the fire. Clearing her throat, she straightened a little, trying to seem less unnerved than she felt. For a moment her eyes flicked from his to the alley behind him, gauging if she might be able to run if the men turned down this dead end. "A little trouble is...is a way to put it."
Edited by QuillAndSword on Oct 24, 2017, 12:22am
+
-
Posts: 8732
Oct 24, 2017, 12:26am

"What did you do? They seem angry." He couldn't hold back a small, almost malicious smile as his eyes watched her closely. He didn't miss the way her gaze moved to the alley behind him. He wondered if he should warn her not to run if she valued her life. "What's your name?"
+
-
Oct 24, 2017, 12:36am

Definitely a cobra. Definitely dangerous. Seeing that smile, she felt a shiver run down her spine, drawing her arms around her middle as she cleared her throat. "I'm not sure I should tell that much to a stranger, ahjussi." She commented at the first, deciding that maybe he would move aside a little sooner if she at least gave him her name. After all, she was a dead woman either way, and she was in no fit state to try to push past him. "N-Nari. Kang Nari."
+
-
Posts: 8737
Oct 24, 2017, 12:48am

"Kang Nari." He nodded, hearing the voices grow louder. He didn't know why he did it. A part of him was curious. He wanted to know her side of the story before his men found them and ruined it... runined his mood with what he was sure was another gambling problem. He moved forward in one swift movement, pushing her back against the alley wall, hands on either side of her head, face mere inches from hers as his eyes met hers, locked on hers and waited. Several men rushed past them, not seeing the couple thanks to the cover of darkness as he watched her closely, eyes flashing in the dim light. After several minutes, they were alone again.
+
-
Oct 24, 2017, 12:55am

She jumped, expecting pain or worse as he moved close, opening her eyes as the blow never came. The voices drew nearer, passing them by and fading once again, though her focus was on the man in front of her. She could feel the heat radiating from him, eyes meeting his and feeling a spark far different from fear running through her. She couldn't breathe, couldn't think, aware of her heartbeat pounding as she ran her tongue over lips that had suddenly gone try. Feeling the sting of the wound at her lip start anew at the contact, she snapped back into the moment. "They...they're gone..." She mumbled at last.
+
-
Posts: 8742
Oct 24, 2017, 01:10am

His gaze dropped to her tongue as she wet her lips, feeling something in himself stir at the shift. That was...new. His smile fell as he watched the woman for a long moment before hearing the last. Keeping his hands on either side of her head, he nodded. "They're gone. You want to tell me what they're after exactly? I might have just saved your life, you realize."
+
-
Oct 24, 2017, 01:16am

"The short version?" She asked with a soft, weak chuckle. He wasn't backing up. Why wasn't he backing up? Too aware of the feel of his breath as he spoke, she found she couldn't look away from his eyes. "I took out a loan to help my brother pay off his gambling debts. He...he ran out of town instead of paying...and I wasn't able to pay my fees and his. They're...looking to take it back however they can." She could only hope she would be beaten within an inch of her life, she thought in passing. The alternative might be much worse. "Um...Thank you, ahjussi."
+
-
Posts: 8747
Oct 24, 2017, 01:28am

Tilting his head t her words, he watched her, eyes flashing in the dim light again. AS he heard her speak, heard about her shit of a brother, he frowned. As he heard her talk about taking back whatshe owed. He knew his men..and some of them were the worst kind of people. Some wouldn't accept money as payment. And he was sure that that man was among thsoe chasing her. With a small smile, he leaned back. "So...they're chasing you because of your dick of a brother?"
+
-
Oct 24, 2017, 01:32am

"Pretty much." She offered a weak smile, clearly showing her fear in the situation she was in. She hoped against all hope that this wouldn't turn out to be one of the men she was trying to avoid. Somehow she didn't get the feeling that he might take advantage of her like the others were suggesting, hoping that her assumption would be right. As he leaned back, she let out a breath she hadn't known she had been holding. "For all I know he could be in America by now."
+
-
Posts: 8752
Oct 24, 2017, 01:50am

"I'm sure he's not in America. If he's a gambler he won't want to spend that much money just to et away. He'll risk being nearby and gamble even more." He smirked. "I have a bit of a history with some gamblers." As he took another step back, he watched her. She was a pretty little thing. His men could kill her if necessary...but he wouldn't let themdo anthing else so horrible." He raised a brow. About to speak, to say something about her debt, he felt something hard crack down on the back of his head. It was most likely a bat. With a low growl, murder flashing in his eyes, he turned to face the three men that had appeared behind him, giving another growl. The man that hit him immediately tensed before dropping to his knees, trembling, face practically buried in the dirt as he apologized over and over again.
+
-
Oct 24, 2017, 01:53am

She had nearly missed the movement, in the process of warning him before the bat came down on the man's head. The blow was strong, she could see, jumping and asking if he was all right before hearing the growl and the subsequent apologies from the man now bowing as low as he could. "....Who are you...?" She breathed without thinking, frowning as she looked from the goons now looking like they were about to faint to the man towering before her.
+
-
Posts: 8754
Oct 24, 2017, 01:56am

Snarling for a moment, he barked an order at the men to get lost and that he'd deal with them later. AS the three ran as quickly as they could, tripping over themselves, he sneered for a moment before turning back to her. Some of his hair fell from it's place to rest against his forehead and he lifted a hand to sweep his hair back into place. "....I'm the man that saved your life, aren't I?"
+
-
Oct 24, 2017, 02:00am

That should have been terrifying. And frankly, it was. But there was a part of her mind that couldn't deny that it was at least the smallest bit attractive. She always had a bad habit of being attracted to all the wrong people... "You...you are." She nodded, running her tongue over her lips again. "But I have to ask...are you going to be more dangerous to me than they are...?"
+
-
Posts: 8756
Oct 24, 2017, 02:03am

He raised a brow at her words. He looked up at her for a long moment in silence before giving a small smile. "...You tell me. Do I look like a threat to you? Do you want me to back up?" How long would it take for her to realize he was technically the man her brother owed...?
+
-

NoWealthNoRuin HC's Territory

Subject
The Rabbit Hole   (Page 37)
Posted: Jan 21, 2017, 12:28am by QuillAndSword
Last Response: Sep 17, 2018, 10:28pm by QuillAndSword
Public Park   (Page 56)
Posted: Jan 21, 2017, 12:36am by QuillAndSword
Last Response: Sep 17, 2018, 10:23pm by QuillAndSword
The Workshop   (Page 23)
Posted: Jun 17, 2018, 11:46pm by QuillAndSword
Last Response: Sep 07, 2018, 10:13pm by QuillAndSword
The Pond   (Page 43)
Posted: Feb 07, 2017, 11:52pm by QuillAndSword
Last Response: Sep 07, 2018, 10:09pm by QuillAndSword
Common Grounds   (Page 49)
Posted: Jan 21, 2017, 12:36am by QuillAndSword
Last Response: Sep 05, 2018, 12:07am by QuillAndSword
"The Most" Magazine   (Page 8)
Posted: Jun 22, 2018, 10:09pm by QuillAndSword
Last Response: Jul 23, 2018, 08:43am by QuillAndSword
Back Alleyways   (Page 87)
Posted: Jan 21, 2017, 02:15am by QuillAndSword
Last Response: Jul 23, 2018, 08:30am by QuillAndSword