Released July 26, 2004
Genre Thrash metal
Producer Kurdt Vanderhoof
The Weight of the World is the seventh studio album by thrash metal band Metal Church. It was released in 2004 through the Steamhammer/SPV label.
This album marks the beginning of Metal Church's third major line-up, with the addition of Ronny Munroe (vocals), Jay Reynolds (guitar), and Steve Unger (bass). This album is also the last to feature Kirk Arrington on drums. It is hailed by critics and fans alike as Metal Church's comeback album.
The prevalent themes of this album include crime, war, rejection, and madness.
No. Title Writer(s) Length
1. "Leave Them Behind" Ronny Munroe, Kurdt Vanderhoof 5:47
2. "Weight of the World" Munroe, Vanderhoof, Kirk Arrington 5:24
3. "Hero's Soul" Munroe, Vanderhoof 4:45
4. "Madman's Overture" Vanderhoof 8:35
5. "Sunless Sky" Munroe, Vanderhoof 5:28
6. "Cradle to Grave" Munroe, Vanderhoof 5:54
7. "Wings of Tomorrow" Munroe, Vanderhoof 6:16
8. "Time Will Tell" Munroe, Vanderhoof, Jay Reynolds, Arrington 5:11
9. "Bomb to Drop" Munroe, Vanderhoof 4:07
10. "Blood Money" Munroe, Vanderhoof 5:07
Recorded & Mixed at The English Channel, Washington
Mixed by Kurdt Vanderhoof and Mark Greer
Mastering by Mark Greer at Bandit Audio, Olympia, Washington
Artwork by Kurdt Vanderhoof and Kathy Moats
Photography by Dick Moats
"The Jungle has come loose, is changing purposes."