go to vampirefreaks main page

vampirefreaks messageboard
   > Body Modification

New Topic New Poll

<PREVIOUS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT>

Lyss

[forum info] [PM]
All hail Queen Lyss
First VF staff member to be paid actual money.
Bad Wolf

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0
February 17, 2010, 11:35pm
|
Here you go guys. Discuss away. But we have a few ground rules that are as follows:

All forum rules apply to this thread.

Pictures of mods go in the picture sticky. Some exceptions will be made (i.e. "This is what I'm working with for my new tattoo, give me some feed back", "Look at this omfg horrible mod I found on the internet", "[+Tumorcorns]")

No drama. Everyone has different views on what looks good as far as mods go. No personal attacks about ink or piercings. (This rule can be bent in cases of "Hai gaiz I'm 16 and just tattooed a HUUUUUUGE spider over my fayce!!!!eleven!")

This thread DOES NOT have to be solely about mods. Get to know each other. I've posted in this forum for over 3 years.... Hell I'm a mod ffs.... And I don't know half your names.

In order to not intimidate any newcomers, at 50 pages we will do a clean up, leaving only the last 5 pages.

Edited by: Lyss at September 02, 2011, 08:24am

MinaRakastanSinua

[forum info] [PM]
Melanie
And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead
BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 February 27, 2012, 08:17pm
|

Sigh. It's okay, we understand lol

Eleeshuh

[forum info] [PM]
Newest Modlet

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 February 27, 2012, 11:52pm
|

No hard feelings that's for sure Nat.

And as for the butthurt poster, is it at least laughable at how butthurt they are?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Nattodesu
[forum info] [PM]

RT's Resident Wampire
No vacancies!

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 February 28, 2012, 01:03am
|

Nah, they just think they should get special treatment is all. "I'm trying to follow the rules but it's hard" doesn't really fly with me lol

Imma reiterate what I said there though. We're not speaking face to face here, posters have an infinite amount of time to think about what they're going to post. If you can take the time to type out a response to a thread, you can take the time to check that your response isn't against the rules. ADD isn't an excuse to bump threads, dyslexia isn't an excuse to type like a moron, Apsergers isn't an excuse to be an asshole, being new isn't an excuse for "not knowing". I ban rule breakers, and I DON'T listen to excuses.

Eleeshuh

[forum info] [PM]
Newest Modlet

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 March 08, 2012, 04:14pm
|

circles
The place I was getting my bandanas from finally got another shipment the day I went there. So I bought 20 more and I can continue my project. Some of the colors are different shades but I can work with that.

How has everyone else been these days?

Tore

[forum info] [PM]
Queen Tore
multum in parvo

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 March 14, 2012, 01:10pm
|

This fucking forum, I swear to god stare

Nattodesu
[forum info] [PM]

RT's Resident Wampire
No vacancies!

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 March 14, 2012, 08:41pm
|

Seee Tore, that's why I ban so many people!

Eleeshuh

[forum info] [PM]
Newest Modlet

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 March 14, 2012, 08:49pm
|

It's like they opened the flood gates to all the idiots.
Wait it is spring break, I think? So that could be why there's so many of them.

Tore

[forum info] [PM]
Queen Tore
multum in parvo

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 March 15, 2012, 01:26pm
|

I think some need school for a bit longer to learn how to read stare

MinaRakastanSinua

[forum info] [PM]
Melanie
BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 March 25, 2012, 12:22pm
|

Dear Tore, I'm seriously gonna steal your swan tattoo. I'm so in love with it, I can NOT stop looking at it. I've wanted to get tattoos of a white swan and a black swan for long, and yours is the best one I've seen lol

BUT in the meantime, I'm soon getting a tattoo of a peacock :-D

AND I cleaned my fish tank today. I am happy and productive.

Tore

[forum info] [PM]
Queen Tore
multum in parvo

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 March 25, 2012, 12:26pm
|

Aww thankyou! It seems to be popular round here too, haha.

Peacock tattoos are so gorgeous, the coloursss drool You'll have to post photos diddle

MinaRakastanSinua

[forum info] [PM]
Melanie
BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 March 28, 2012, 10:04pm
|

Picture is posted :-D

Eleeshuh

[forum info] [PM]
Newest Modlet

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 March 28, 2012, 10:21pm
|

SO pretty Mel!

Nattodesu
[forum info] [PM]

RT's Resident Wampire
No vacancies!

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 05, 2012, 06:04pm
|

You're going to have to do sea salt soaks a couple of times a day, and they take about 10 minutes. If your family are gonna look at you strangely for using the bathroom for 10 minutes at a time two or three times a day, you might want to reconsider. Other than that, shove some paper towel (not tissue - you don't want anything that clings to something wet) down your bra for as long as you're bleeding and you'll be fine.

Tore

[forum info] [PM]
Queen Tore
multum in parvo

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 14, 2012, 05:03pm
|

Peacock's looking fab daydream

I however am KNACKERED die

Edited by: Tore at April 14, 2012, 05:10pm

Eleeshuh

[forum info] [PM]
Newest Modlet

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 14, 2012, 05:09pm
|

Tore your mouse (it's a mouse right?) is adorable!

I took just over 300 pictures yesterday during a photoshoot with a friend. So today's job is to go through them all and oogle over my favorites daydream

Tore

[forum info] [PM]
Queen Tore
multum in parvo

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 14, 2012, 05:11pm
|

Yeah it's a mouse meow Loooving this tattoo convention so far.

300 is a very good number, so much fun taking loads :-)

Eleeshuh

[forum info] [PM]
Newest Modlet

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 14, 2012, 05:17pm
|

We went to 3 different locations in 3 and a half hours, she works at a coffee shop so she made me a drink halfway through. It was so nice outside and made the whole thing fun.

I even purchased a film camera from craigslist awhile ago and finished the roll of film off. I thought about reloading it, but since this was the first roll I figured I would wait to get it developed before I go snap happy with it. There could very well be light leaks, but it could also have no problems.

How much did that end up costing you? I want to go to a tattoo convention one of these days but they are always held like 6-8 hours away from me shakefist

Tore

[forum info] [PM]
Queen Tore
multum in parvo

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 14, 2012, 05:23pm
|

Aww that sounds like a really nice day. I love film cameras, so much fun developing them yourself. Had to do it loads for A-level but it got so expensive with paper and film and the like so I had to drop that subject. Shame as I really enjoyed it.

I told her straight that I had a budget of 200, told her what size I had in mind and gave her a very vague idea (ie, it needs to match the other 3, another animal and another rose). Was originally gonna be a bird but she couldn't get it balanced right so drew up the mouse and I loved it. Charged me 180 in the end.

Eleeshuh

[forum info] [PM]
Newest Modlet

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 14, 2012, 05:37pm
|

I'm positive I'm going to hit up this old man that I met at a friends party. In a way it was almost creepy at first but after learning more about him and finding out he knows apart of my family pretty well it wasn't AS weird.
He apparently collects old film cameras and develops film and would be more than willing to go through the process with me.
It was almost as a wave of awesome washed over me, it's something new to experience.

I could take it to wal mart to get developed but that's like ruining the rest of the fun. Plus the lady there was convinced that they didn't carry a single roll of film, but I proved her wrong rather quickly. It just doesn't make sense to develop film but not carry at least one type of film.

She did a really good job that's for sure. Have you heard of her before you went to the convention or was it just love at first site with her work?

Tore

[forum info] [PM]
Queen Tore
multum in parvo

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 14, 2012, 05:41pm
|

Oh that's cool! Yeah I'd definitely give it a go yourself if you can, it's really fun and you learn loads. Feels more special cos you achieved it personally, plus it's really interesting watching the paper go from blank to image in minutes lol

I'd definitely heard of the shop she works in, and skimmed over her name and work on Tumblr a few times but not taken it in. Then I looked at her work today, spoke to her and got booked in. Clicked instantly, which is something I look for cos then they enjoy the time/piece more too. She was really lovely.

AlyD
[forum info] [PM]
BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 15, 2012, 02:46pm
|

What des everyone think about bridge percings? I like them alot but my grnad mother said she wouldn't speak to me because it would look ugly and its "satanic" :LL

Dinosaur.Fucking.Blaster.
Eat it.

Eleeshuh

[forum info] [PM]
Newest Modlet

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 15, 2012, 04:00pm
|

Tore that's awesome, I agree with clicking with the artist though. If I don't jive with the person chances are I would only inquire about their work.

AlyD - I don't really care too much for bridge piercings, it depends on the anatomy of the person face for me. Because I have seen some people with them and thought "Wow that's actually cute" but others I was more like "Oh dear...."

Tore

[forum info] [PM]
Queen Tore
multum in parvo

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 15, 2012, 04:23pm
|

I may have got a second one from another girl from the same shop today paranoid Picture tomorrow cos the ones I have don't show it well as it's still really red in them. I've made really good friends with all of them now lol

As for the bridge, if you want it go for it. Other people's opinions about your body are redundant.

Eleeshuh

[forum info] [PM]
Newest Modlet

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 15, 2012, 04:40pm
|

I think I should get on my passport and have your artists cover me in pretty ink lol

But after talking to my lover we could potentially move to Vancouver, where plenty of artists reside. Which would be awesome since I do need my tiger lily touched up, but I want moar!

Tore

[forum info] [PM]
Queen Tore
multum in parvo

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 15, 2012, 04:45pm
|

Go for it! Haha. I told her I'm gonna reserve my other wrist for her so they both match, she was really flattered. And told me to keep in touch which was nice. All three of them that were there were so lovely ^.^

Ahhh yeah Canada does have some really awesome ones if I remember correctly die

Nattodesu
[forum info] [PM]

RT's Resident Wampire
No vacancies!

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 21, 2012, 05:18pm
|

SO GUYS! What do you think of shows like Ink Master and Best Ink? I'm hearing a looot of divided opinions.

Personally, I'm addicted. I love them and I honestly don't think for a great artist they're any more pressure than a competition at a convention. If it were amateur hour, sure, that's too much pressure and too risky, but world-class artists who work the convention circuit should be used to quick design and time-constrained tattooing, and as the artists on these shows are supposed to be of that calibre I don't really see the problem.

Eleeshuh

[forum info] [PM]
Newest Modlet

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 21, 2012, 08:03pm
|

I haven't had cable for a few years so I haven't heard of those ones. But I might get my better half to find some episodes to watch.

Tore

[forum info] [PM]
Queen Tore
multum in parvo

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 22, 2012, 05:19am
|

Is Ink Master the one with Chris Nunez? I've never thought he was as great as he's made out to be lol

Nattodesu
[forum info] [PM]

RT's Resident Wampire
No vacancies!

BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 April 22, 2012, 05:37am
|

It is! And I agree, but it also has Oliver Peck who I think is pretty awesome and Dave Navarro, who I would do unspeakable things to lol

Best Ink has Joe Capobianco and Sabina Kelley, so the judges are more awesome, but it's hosted by some American Idol reject?

Aand in both shows there are truly incredible artists who have been working for a decade and are well-known on the convention circuit, and then a couple of people who are 2 years in and when you look at their work you SWEAR someone dropped out right as they started shooting so they picked up the first tattooer they saw. I'm kinda pissed those artists are on the show, but I'm hoping it's just because it's the first season and we won't see any crappy tattoos next time.

MinaRakastanSinua

[forum info] [PM]
Melanie
BODY MODS SOCIAL THREAD VER 2.0 May 07, 2012, 12:40pm
|

Wow it's dead in here paranoid

<PREVIOUS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT>

Leave a comment:
Subject:
Comment:
Preview    Include Signature