vampirefreaks messageboard
   > Games

New Topic New Poll

MrxMousy1224

[forum info] [PM]

Classic Sonic Vs. Modern Sonic.
October 15, 2012, 04:27pm
|
This subject again. So which games do you prefer the ones with classic sonic or the ones with modern sonic.
My prefrence is classic sonic due to the fact that the games provide more of a challenge and the fact that it is more fun to play.

ItIsNot-A-Fashion

[forum info] [PM]
Classic Sonic Vs. Modern Sonic. October 21, 2012, 07:59am
|

A bit of both. As you said, classic Sonic is funner to play and is more of a challenge but I like most of the storyline aspects to the modern Sonic games.

Through the woods a girl came sadly Smething broken in her chest She had dared to love another Alas no better than the rest Those you trust will hurt you badly Smething now I'm sure you see So drown your tears in me my dear As you drown my dear in me

WP_Freeinternet

[forum info] [PM]
Classic Sonic Vs. Modern Sonic. October 22, 2012, 01:28am
|

I like classic Sonic more because it isn't speed focused. Since the Dreamcast and after Sonic has been centered around speed and often times not even needing to input much to play the games. Were as classic Sonic games they have their speed and platforming sections, or even platforming zones like Marble Zone or Metropolis Zone. Many more examples as well, but you cannot hold a direction and expect to beat every single act and zone easily past the first zone.

That with splitting level paths gives more replay value to the games and gives the potential that two play throughs won't be identical.

Helloween_1985

[forum info] [PM]
I AM IRON MAN
Rebel Rouser
Not very bright.
Classic Sonic Vs. Modern Sonic. October 22, 2012, 04:57am
|

Classic Sonic, he wasn't an RPG Character and the mad scientest is called Robotnik not Eggman

Renegade-X

[forum info] [PM]
Classic Sonic Vs. Modern Sonic. October 30, 2012, 10:14pm
|

I have played the new Sonic Game, but I prefer the Classic Sonic better.

firedevil Anger doesn't fuel the fighter's soul, it incinerates it firedevil

_Eurydice_

[forum info] [PM]

Classic Sonic Vs. Modern Sonic. November 07, 2012, 03:34pm
|

I used to be a huge Sonic fan when I was a preteen. Honestly what tires me the most is Eggman/Robotnik. I just... stopped giving a shit. Sonic Shuffle was great because the villain -wasn't- Eggman for once.

I don't mind them adding more characters to the game, but all the shit characters they're adding are irritating when other parts of the franchise have soooooo many characters the games could use that not only have a backstory, but an established fanbase.

I haven't given a shit about a Sonic game since I was 15 or so, nor have I really given a shit about any platform games, but if I saw a game with Mina, Julie-Su, or even Tikal brought back, I'd play it again. There's probably countless old fans who would love to see the Knothole Village crew like Sally, Bunnie, Antoine, and Rotor.

Sonic might not be a really story-oriented game, but considering they've dulled down the actual gameplay, they should really start using characters people can actually enjoy rather than a bunch of throwaway Sonic clones and Deus Ex Machinas.

Helloween_1985

[forum info] [PM]
I AM IRON MAN
Rebel Rouser
Not very bright.
Classic Sonic Vs. Modern Sonic. November 08, 2012, 04:33am
|

"Sonic only had one RPG.(which SUCKED yeah) and Eggman was only referred to as Dr.Robotnik in America because of the Westernization of the charachter. His real name is Eggman."

as far as I recall in the cartoon series Scratch,Grounder, Sonic and Tales refered to him as "Robotnik".

"Yuji Naka has explained that "Robotnik" is the character's true last name while "Eggman" is a "common name taken after his shape"

Gnogsty

[forum info] [PM]
Classic Sonic Vs. Modern Sonic. November 11, 2012, 01:24pm
|

Definitely love the classic sonic, and how you could attach the older games onto "Sonic and Knuckles"...that mind boggled me as a kid. But, the most modern one I could tolerate/love was the Dreamcast's Sonic Adventure. The music in that and game play were brilliant!

Sean2K

[forum info] [PM]
Classic Sonic Vs. Modern Sonic. November 11, 2012, 06:16pm
|

Classic Sonic. He's from teh 90's! :-p

Leave a comment:
Subject:
Comment:
Preview    Include Signature   

[ Show Emotes ] [ Edit Signature ]

vampirefreaks messageboard - Games

State of Decay Last Comment by VampireofSound20