go to vampirefreaks main page

vampirefreaks messageboard
   > Musicians Lounge

New Topic New Poll

EmoXtasis

[forum info] [PM]

what program its the best for create techno/hardstyle/electronica ?
May 06, 2012, 11:53pm
|
how are you today?
i would like to know what its the best program for make techno/hardstyle/electronic music ?

thank you for you time

Att. EmoXtasis

Carved_In_Ashes

[forum info] [PM]
what program its the best for create techno/hardstyle/electronica ? May 20, 2012, 06:15am
|

well, the best software is that one which suits your needs the best. For sequenced music, with shitloads of MIDI-action, I'd recommend Logic Pro. I've been using Logic Pro 8 for a couple of years now. I have also tried Pro Tools and Cubase, and I didn't like those. But it's a matter of getting to know the tricks of the trade...I know loads of people making electronic music with Cubase, too, or FL Studio. Pro Tools is maybe a bit more oriented to recording real acoustic instruments, although, when you master the software, its' a killer software with editing audio tracks and mixing in general.
Still, I've grown to like the user interface of Logic. It's so intuitive, you don't need to read loads of manuals first. You can learn the basics just by messing around with the software for a while. And when you need the advanced features, the help-section is very in-depth and useful. There's also loads of books to help you out. Plus, online forums for Logic users.
The only downside to Logic is that you need Mac to run it, so if you don't already have a Mac, it can get a bit more expensive, as compared to getting a PC and some other DAW-software. But I can honestly say that Mac + Logic combo is worth every penny.

"The first kiss cuts the deepest, and the bleeding never stops..."

misfitemos

[forum info] [PM]
what program its the best for create techno/hardstyle/electronica ? June 05, 2012, 01:59pm
|

if you want a free program I recommend Darkwave studio
then you can download some VSTs I use this site to download some they have drums keys synths etc http://freemusicsoftware.org/category/free-vst/sequential-circuits-emulator

One day the normal people will drop dead.

Parasite_Unit

[forum info] [PM]
what program its the best for create techno/hardstyle/electronica ? June 10, 2012, 08:05pm
|

going to be a bit controversial here and suggest you ignore the notions of using VSTs alone to get the sounds you want.
As, unless you're going to get the money hose on the issue and spend a s**t-load of cash... get a basic EXTERNAL soundcard (don't try to use internal ones - they pick up too much noise from other bits and pieces inside the PC) a decent audio recording program (Audacity has some excellent facilities is cross-platform and FREE) and some reasonable priced DAW program (I use EnergyXT - it's less than most on the market and it's cross platform including Mac & Linux)
FINALLY, invest in a good solid analogue sound source.
Like a Korg Monotron - which are dirt cheap these days.
That combination can make a pretty meaty sounding track.

Here's one I made earlier:

overall - any analogue kit has the capacity for more 'filth' 'bite' and pure tonal presence than a VST... IMHO

http://parasiteunit.bandcamp.com/

Plantaganda

[forum info] [PM]
*made of epic failure*
what program its the best for create techno/hardstyle/electronica ? July 03, 2012, 09:02pm
|

It's not the program, but how you use it.

Plantaganda.

dravenenslaved

[forum info] [PM]
what program its the best for create techno/hardstyle/electronica ? November 28, 2013, 04:42am
|

I am a electronica musician from Adelaide, Australia trying to get my music heard, I will be releasing an EP soon featuring many other local artists across a wide variety of genres, my music can be heard on my vampire freaks profile or at www.triplejunearthed.com/dravenenslaved if you have the time to check it out I would really appreciate it, hope you like it!!

Leave a comment:
Subject:
Comment:
Preview    Include Signature   

[ Show Emotes ] [ Edit Signature ]

vampirefreaks messageboard - Musicians Lounge

singer looking for industrial/ebm/metal/synthpop tracks Last Comment by AngelTheReaper
How Do Your Promote Your Music? Last Comment by Concept7
Elitists band mates Last Comment by Vitne
Need lessons to play my guitar for free Last Comment by Vitne
want to start recording/using software - where to start? Last Comment by Vitne
Jump To:

[ VF Points: 0 ]   [ Points Today: ]
[ Terms of Service ] [ About ] [ Getting Started ] [ FAQ ] [ Privacy Policy ]
© VampireFreaks.com / Synth-tec Inc. 2014   All Rights Reserved