New Topic New Poll

1 2 NEXT>

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
Master of All that is Bean and Wholey

{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age
April 07, 2011, 05:07pm
|
I edited the first post to include both, since my DA thread no longer exists.

Mass Effect

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-07/funimation-t.o-to-make-anime-movie-of-mass-effect-games

News: Funimation, T.O to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect Games

posted on 2011-04-07 10:45 EDT

Anime of BioWare's science-fiction RPG in production for summer 2012 release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BioWare, a video game division of Electronic Arts, announced on Thursday that the North American distributor Funimation and the Japanese studio T.O. Entertainment agreed to produce an "anime feature film" based on BioWare's Mass Effect science-fiction role-playing game (RPG) franchise. The movie is already in production, and the producers aim to release the project via digital means and home video in the summer of 2012. T.O. Entertainment's other projects include Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts and Bungaku Shoujo.

Funimation announced last year that it was working with BioWare to create an anime film based on BioWare's popular Dragon Age action RPG franchise. In the new press release, Funimation President and CEO Gen Fukunaga reports production is "underway" on that film project as well.

The first Mass Effect videogame is set in the year 2183, when humans explore the galaxy and has made contact with alien species. The player controls the protagonist, a human soldier named Commander Shepard, whose skills and appearance are customizable. Throughout the game, Shepard works to save organic life from a threat known as the Reapers, a machine race which sows destruction throughout the galaxy. BioWare released the first game for the Xbox 360 on November 20, 2007, with a PC version released on May 28, 2008. A sequel titled Mass Effect 2 was released on the PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 consoles this past January.

Dragon Age

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-06-07/funimation-bioware-to-work-on-dragon-age-anime-film

Funimation, BioWare Work on Animated Dragon Age Film

posted on 2010-06-07 11:30 EDT

Movie of fantasy action RPG to ship on home video in 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Electronic Arts' BioWare game studio and the North American anime distributor Funimation have announced on Monday that they are collaborating on what they describe as an "anime feature film" based on BioWare's fantasy action role-playing game franchise Dragon Age. The film is slated to ship on home video in 2011. The film's executive producers are BioWare's Executive Producer Mark Darrah and Creative Director Mike Laidlaw, as well as FUNimation's president and CEO Gen Fukunaga and Director of Original Entertainment Chris Moujaes.

The film will be the first title from Funimation's Original Entertainment team and its co-production initiative.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-08-13/vexille/ping-pong-sori-to-direct-dragon-age-film

Vexille/Ping Pong's Sori to Direct Dragon Age Film

posted on 2010-08-13 06:45 EDT

Fumihiko Sori to adapt Bioware RPG into anime with T.O. Entertainment, Oxybot

The Japanese film production company T.O. Entertainment has announced on Friday that Fumihiko Sori, the director of the computer-animated Vexille - 2077 Isolation of Japan and the manga-based live-action Ping Pong, will helm the previously revealed anime film version of BioWare's Dragon Age role-playing games. T.O. Entertainment is working with the film studio Oxybot (Sori's Vexille and To projects) and the North American anime distributor Funimation.

The film will be the first title from Funimation's Original Entertainment team and its co-production initiative. The original fantasy action role-playing game franchise has sold 4 million copies worldwide. Funimation will release the feature-length film on DVD in North America at the end of 2011, and it will also handle DVD distribution in other countries except Japan. The film is slated for a theatrical release in Japan.

Sori was also a producer of the first computer-animated Appleseed film. Funimation licensed Vexille for North America even before the film opened in Japan, and it also licensed Ichi, Sori's live-action film that re-imagines the legendary blind swordman Zatoichi as female. After Vexille and Ichi, Sori directed To, the computer-animated adaptation of two science-fiction stories from Yukinobu Hoshino's 2001 Nights manga.

Edited by: TheCoffeeGod at July 23, 2011, 10:00am

CustomFirmware

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation, T.O to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect Games April 07, 2011, 05:10pm
|

Just Read This on Kotaku
http://kotaku.com/#!5789874/mass-effect-gets-the-anime-treatment-in-2012

i hope this is actually good, i love the DA series hell im on my 3rd replay of 2. & i still play Origins to death.

So Leave Me.
At The Roadside.
And Hang Me..Up & Out To Dry.

NickofTroy

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation, T.O to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect Games April 07, 2011, 05:32pm
|

I don't get it, is this a new story based in the ME universe like the comics, or based on the game?

Either way, hope it retains the original English VO cast for those characters

Helios

[forum info] [PM]
BRANFERNEE!!!

{NEWS} Funimation, T.O to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect Games April 08, 2011, 10:30pm
|

Oh god. :-(

shitkicker

[forum info] [PM]
VF Awards 2014
Special Jury prize for Neanderthal misogyny!

{NEWS} Funimation, T.O to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect Games April 08, 2011, 10:51pm
|

Cool.

TheDude

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation, T.O to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect Games April 09, 2011, 03:09am
|

Oh god. :-( [2]

Helios

[forum info] [PM]
BRANFERNEE!!!

{NEWS} Funimation, T.O to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect Games April 09, 2011, 01:35pm
|

and Miranda's tits are going to be even bigger.

Helios

[forum info] [PM]
BRANFERNEE!!!

{NEWS} Funimation, T.O to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect Games April 09, 2011, 11:35pm
|

There probably is.

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation, T.O to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect Games April 13, 2011, 09:53pm
|

why anime

lol
Because apparently, FUNimation thinks it's worth it?

TheDude

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation, T.O to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect Games April 13, 2011, 10:09pm
|

Yeah well certain things don't need to be made into a fucking anime. Sorry dude, I don't care how much of an insane anime fanboy you are, it's just not a good concept at all.

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation, T.O to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect Games April 14, 2011, 05:47am
|

lol
I never played the game, so I wouldn't know.
That being being said though, from what I hear, most game adaptions tend to fail regardless of being an anime or not.

NickofTroy

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation, T.O to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect Games April 14, 2011, 07:07am
|

TBH, a Mass Effect anime makes more sense than that DA one currently in development.

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation, T.O to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect Games April 14, 2011, 07:28am
|

Back when I posted about the DA project, I thought that might actually be an interesting idea.
Fantasy stuff tends to work well as anime.

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect and Dragon Age July 23, 2011, 05:26am
|

As I said in the first post, I edited the first post to include both, since my DA thread no longer exists.

That being said, this is what I posted in the social yesterday.

Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker

That looks to be the name of it.
And they posted a behind the scenes teaser today.

http://www.funimation.com/dragon-age-movie

http://www.funimation.com/dragon-age-movie/trailer/behind-the-scenes-teaser/357711

In a time of darkness and barbarism, the Chantry has arisen—a religious order seeking to bring stability
to a world corrupted by sinister magic. Led by the Divine, the Chantry’s Templar warriors ruthlessly restrain
the Mages and their magical cabals. But when the Templars fail, the most elite order of the Chantry takes charge—the Seekers!

Repentia

[forum info] [PM]
VF Awards 2014
Grumpiest!
Next parent!

{NEWS} Funimation to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect and Dragon Age July 23, 2011, 06:51am
|

Yay, religious nonsense!

--

PuppyOfDOOM
[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation to Make Anime Movie of Mass Effect and Dragon Age July 23, 2011, 07:42am
|

i dunno why the whole doooh awww (moan) its anime is all about. have ya seen the marvel comics animes? they are fricken sweet. The good old adult type x-men toon we used to watch was done with jap animators( n saban).

some anime i like some i dont, but i aint gonna generalize all of it. Street fighter II the animated movie. was fuckin brilliant.

past the animation style all in all.. Even disney used japanese artist... i think alot of people like anime because it has a glint of intelligence.

Lets hope for the best.

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age September 23, 2011, 04:09am
|

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-09-23/dragon-age-trailer-for-japanese-theatrical-release-posted

Dragon Age Trailer for Japanese Theatrical Release Posted

posted on 2011-09-23 03:00 EDT

Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker film to open in Japan on February 11

The official Japanese website for the Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker (Dragon Age: Blood Mage no Seisen) began streaming a 32-second trailer on Thursday, and the site also announced that the film will open in 12 Japanese theaters on February 11.

The film adapts BioWare and Electronic Arts' fantasy action role-playing game franchise Dragon Age. It was originally slated to ship on home video in North America this year, but has since been delayed to next year. Director Fumihiko Sori and the studio Oxybot are working on the computer-animated project after previously collaborating on Vexille - 2077 Isolation of Japan and To. Jeffrey Scott wrote the script, and Daisuke Nakayama (Tweeny Witches) designed the characters. Tetsuya Takahashi (Appleseed , Halo Legends, To, Resident Evil: Degeneration) composed the music, while Koji Kasamatsu (Afro Samurai, Appleseed, Halo Legends, To) served as the sound designer.

Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker will be the first title from Funimation's Original Entertainment team and its co-production initiative. The film's executive producers are BioWare's Executive Producer Mark Darrah and Creative Director Mike Laidlaw, as well as FUNimation's president and CEO Gen Fukunaga and Director of Original Entertainment Chris Moujaes. T.O Entertainment, Inc. is distributing the film in Japan.

NickofTroy

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age September 23, 2011, 07:46am
|

That Pride Demon looked pretty cool. Always liked those guys

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age December 07, 2011, 09:10am
|

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-12-07/battle-royale/kill-bill-kuriyama-gackt-star-in-dragon-age

Battle Royale/Kill Bill's Kuriyama, Gackt Star in Dragon Age

posted on 2011-12-07 09:05 EST

Vexille/Sky Crawlers' Tanihara also in film based on Bioware/EA RPG; Gackt sings theme

Actress Chiaki Kuriyama (Battle Royale, Kill Bill, The Sky Crawlers), singer/actor Gackt (Shiki, Supernatural: The Anime Series, Sket Dance), and actor Shosuke Tanihara (Vexille, The Sky Crawlers, Pokémon the Movie: Black - Victini and Reshiram) will voice next year's Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker (Dragon Age: Blood Mage no Seisen) film. Kuriyama will play the knight heroine Cassandra Pentaghast in this computer-animated film based on an role-playing game, while Tanihara will play a mage named Regalyan D'Marcall. Gackt will play a Knight-Commander and contribute the theme song "Until the Last Day."

The film serves as a prologue to the second game in BioWare and Electronic Arts' fantasy game franchise Dragon Age. Director Fumihiko Sori (Ichi, Ashita no Joe, Ping Pong) and the studio Oxybot are working together after previously collaborating on Vexille - 2077 Isolation of Japan and To. The first game shipped in 2009 and has since sold over 6 million copies worldwide.

Cassandra will be Kuriyama's first lead role in an animated feature, although she played the character Midori Mitsuya in The Sky Crawlers alongside Tanihara (Naofumi Tokino). The voice cast was announced during a presentation on Tuesday. The presentation was held in a Tokyo church to invoke the game franchise's story setting; in the games, the world is ruled by the religious organization Chantry.

Jeffrey Scott of the original game wrote the film's script, and Daisuke Nakayama (Tweeny Witches) designed the characters. Tetsuya Takahashi (Appleseed , Halo Legends, To, Resident Evil: Degeneration) composed the music, while Koji Kasamatsu (Afro Samurai, Appleseed, Halo Legends, To) served as the sound designer.

The film will open in Japan on February 11.

shitkicker

[forum info] [PM]
VF Awards 2014
Special Jury prize for Neanderthal misogyny!

{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age December 07, 2011, 10:41am
|

Fuck Miranda gives be a fucking chubby!

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age December 07, 2011, 12:03pm
|

Might as well post Movie Collection's video of the presentation...

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age December 23, 2011, 01:51am
|

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-12-23/dragon-age-cg-anime-film-new-trailer-streamed

Dragon Age CG Anime Film's New Trailer Streamed

posted on 2011-12-23 01:30 EST

Battle Royale/Kill Bill's Kuriyama, Gackt, Sky Crawlers' Tanihara star in February film

T.O. Entertainment began streaming the full 106-second trailer for Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker (Dragon Age: Blood Mage no Seisen), the CG film based on BioWare and Electronic Arts' fantasy game franchise Dragon Age, on Thursday. The film will open in Japan on February 11.

Actress Chiaki Kuriyama (Battle Royale, Kill Bill, The Sky Crawlers) will play the knight heroine Cassandra Pentaghast, while actor Shosuke Tanihara (Vexille, The Sky Crawlers, Pokémon the Movie: Black - Victini and Reshiram) plays a mage named Regalyan D'Marcall. Singer/actor Gackt (Shiki, Supernatural: The Anime Series, Sket Dance) plays a Knight-Commander and contributes the theme song "Until the Last Day."

The film serves as a prologue to next year's Dragon Age II. Director Fumihiko Sori (Ichi, Ashita no Joe, Ping Pong) and the studio Oxybot are working together after previously collaborating on Vexille - 2077 Isolation of Japan and To. Jeffrey Scott of the original game wrote the film's script, and Daisuke Nakayama (Tweeny Witches) designed the characters. Tetsuya Takahashi (Appleseed , Halo Legends, To, Resident Evil: Degeneration) is composing the music, while Koji Kasamatsu (Afro Samurai, Appleseed, Halo Legends, To) serves as the sound designer.

Firewind

[forum info] [PM]
How many Kurt Cobains does it take to paint a room?
Gutbuster Brigade!

{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age December 23, 2011, 09:10pm
|

I find myself really hating the art style

We can save this ill-fated race
Who are lost in the ocean of space
Show them the way to reverse their decline
Guide them back on a river of time

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age December 24, 2011, 05:18pm
|

Yeah, it's kind of sad when the animation CG looks worse than the game CG.

NickofTroy

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age December 25, 2011, 12:24am
|

The fuck is this shit? facepalm

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age December 31, 2011, 01:14am
|

lol
Now it makes me wonder and scared at what Mass Effect will look like.

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age January 26, 2012, 04:12pm
|

The official DA movie site now has a countdown timer (currently at a little under 21 hours)

http://www.dragonagemovie.com/

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age January 27, 2012, 02:52pm
|

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-01-27/dragon-age-cg-anime-film-1st-production-update-streamed

Dragon Age CG Anime Film's 1st Production Update Streamed

posted on 2012-01-27 13:05 EST

Some new footage, storyboards shown from prequel to Dragon Age II

The official website for Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker (Dragon Age: Blood Mage no Seisen), the CG film based on BioWare and Electronic Arts' fantasy game franchise Dragon Age, began streaming the first English-language production update video on Friday. The video contains some new footage from the film as well as storyboards.

The film serves as a prologue to the Dragon Age II game sequel. Director Fumihiko Sori (Ichi, Ashita no Joe, Ping Pong) and the studio Oxybot are working together after previously collaborating on Vexille - 2077 Isolation of Japan and To. Jeffrey Scott of the original game wrote the film's script, and Daisuke Nakayama (Tweeny Witches) designed the characters. Tetsuya Takahashi (Appleseed , Halo Legends, To, Resident Evil: Degeneration) is composing the music, while Koji Kasamatsu (Afro Samurai, Appleseed, Halo Legends, To) serves as the sound designer.

In the Japanese-dubbed version, Actress Chiaki Kuriyama (Battle Royale, Kill Bill, The Sky Crawlers) will play the knight heroine Cassandra Pentaghast, while actor Shosuke Tanihara (Vexille, The Sky Crawlers, Pokémon the Movie: Black - Victini and Reshiram) plays a mage named Regalyan D'Marcall. Singer/actor Gackt (Shiki, Supernatural: The Anime Series, Sket Dance) plays a Knight-Commander and contributes the theme song "Until the Last Day."

Update: The official English website for the film notes that the film will be released on DVD and Blu-ray this spring.

PuppyOfDOOM

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age January 29, 2012, 08:17am
|

the dragon age is looking good.

_____
woof

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age February 03, 2012, 03:22am
|

lol
You like that?!

TheCoffeeGod

[forum info] [PM]
{NEWS} Funimation Has Anime Movies Made Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age February 13, 2012, 09:09am
|

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-13/dragon-age-cg-anime-film-2nd-tv-ad-streamed

Dragon Age CG Anime Film's 2nd TV Ad Streamed

posted on 2012-02-13 08:49 EST

Dragon Age II RPG's prequel film to ship in N. America on May 29

The Japanese studio T.O. Entertainment began streaming a 22-second television commercial on Monday for Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker (Dragon Age: Blood Mage no Seisen), the CG anime film based on BioWare and Electronic Arts' fantasy game franchise Dragon Age. The video features the theme song "Until the Last Day" performed by the singer/actor Gackt.

The film serves as a prologue to the Dragon Age II game sequel. Director Fumihiko Sori (Ichi, Ashita no Joe, Ping Pong) and the studio Oxybot are working together after previously collaborating on Vexille - 2077 Isolation of Japan and To. Jeffrey Scott of the original game wrote the film's script, and Daisuke Nakayama (Tweeny Witches) designed the characters. Tetsuya Takahashi (Appleseed , Halo Legends, To, Resident Evil: Degeneration) is composing the music, while Koji Kasamatsu (Afro Samurai, Appleseed, Halo Legends, To) serves as the sound designer.

In the Japanese-dubbed version, Actress Chiaki Kuriyama (Battle Royale, Kill Bill, The Sky Crawlers) will play the knight heroine Cassandra Pentaghast, actor Shosuke Tanihara (Vexille, The Sky Crawlers, Pokémon the Movie: Black - Victini and Reshiram) plays a mage named Regalyan D'Marcall, and Gackt (Shiki, Supernatural: The Anime Series, Sket Dance) plays a Knight-Commander.

Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker opened in Japan on Saturday, and Funimation will release the film in North America on May 29.

1 2 NEXT>

Leave a comment:
Subject:
Comment:
Preview    Include Signature   

[ Show Emotes ] [ Edit Signature ]

vampirefreaks messageboard - Games

Hatred Last Comment by NickofTroy
Post your Xbox Live Gamertag/PSN Name/Steam/Anything else here ( page 2 3 ... 17 ) Last Comment by kornfreakkid
Games That Made You Rage Quit ( page 2 3 ) Last Comment by shitkicker
what game is addicting to you? ( page 2 ) Last Comment by Kryptonomicon
Borderlands 2 Last Comment by Kryptonomicon
Jump To:

[ VF Points: 0 ]   [ Points Today: ]
[ Terms of Service ] [ About ] [ Getting Started ] [ FAQ ] [ Privacy Policy ]
© VampireFreaks.com / Synth-tec Inc. 2014   All Rights Reserved